First Baptist Church of Royal Palm Beach
Royal Palm Beach, Florida
Worship Pastor Position: Opportunity to develop and grow a comprehensive Church Music Program. Theologically conservative Southern Baptist Church in multi-cultural South Florida. Current worship attendance of 700 in two services with a contemporary worship team and a great love for all things musical.
Responsibilities: Develop a comprehensive music program for multi-generational instruction and performance. Oversee all expressions of music in preschool, children, youth, and adult programs which includes the recruitment of talented volunteer leaders. Lead or facilitate all Worship Services with high quality engagement.
Strategy: Begin with existing adult contemporary worship team (band/singers) and develop church-wide depth and width. Depth needed in providing musical instruction and performance opportunities to children and youth. Width needed in expanding and enhancing the current contemporary style with occasional “special” music to connect with the multi-cultural influences in the community (i.e. Latin and Caribbean). Note: Bi-lingual ability is not essential, but an appreciation for other languages and cultures is a must.
- A baptized believer in Jesus Christ for more than five years.
- Agreement with the tenets of the faith as articulated in the “Baptist Faith and Message, 2000” (sbc.net).
- A disciplined Christian lifestyle evidenced by a daily quiet time and the consistent practice of the disciplines of the faith.
- An unyielding determination to walk in unity with others which is demonstrated by a gentle spirit and an attitude/practice of reconciliation.
- A Bachelor’s degree in music.
- A proven track record in successfully leading a comprehensive music program in church, school, or college.
- Committed first marriage, widowed, or always single.
- Meet all the Scriptural qualifications listed in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
- Be open to encouraging people of different languages and cultures to participate in worshipful expressions of their faith.
- Be willing to relocate to South Florida and enjoy the experience of living in paradise!
- A Master’s degree in music from a Southern Baptist Convention Seminary.
- Experience at a large (1,000+) church.
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish or French.
Compensation: Commensurate with qualifications and will include full benefits for the position and medical/dental for family.
Application Process: Submit complete resume along with a video link demonstrating musical ability. Also include a cover letter summarizing your philosophy of worship and describe your ideal ministry as it relates to Psalm 37:4.
Interested applicants should email the requested information to Sue Martin, Business Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Those chosen for the next phase will be notified by letter with a request for any additional information. The vetting process will include in-depth interaction with references. The third phase will include individually visiting the church over a weekend for a comprehensive interview process.